INSOMNIA | Kerala ayurvedic resorts packages
Insomnia can be caused by medication and medical conditions, sleep habits, specific substances, and/or sure biological factors. Recently, researchers have begun to rely on sleep disorder as a haul of your brain being unable to prevent being awake (your brain contains a sleep cycle and a wake cycle—when one is turned on the opposite is turned off—insomnia will be a haul with either a part of this cycle: an excessive amount of wake drive or deficient sleep drive). It’s important to initial perceive what can be inflicting your sleep difficulties.
Symptoms that can lead to insomnia include:
- Getting caught up in thoughts about past events
- Excessive worrying about future events
- Feeling overwhelmed by responsibilities
In Ayurveda, Insomnia is known as Anidra, the doshas responsible for this disease are Tarpak Kapha, Sadhak Pitta or Prana Vata. The treatment of sleep disorder focuses on equalization the aggravated body energies through flavouring medicines also as customised diet and manner plans. One of the most important part of the treatment is the relaxation of the mind.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
One should include nuts like almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and peanuts in your daily diet. Usage of whole-wheat flour and brown rice instead of refined varieties. Avoid caffeinated drinks, alcohol, and aerated drinks after dusk. Working late night on laptops and watching tv should be avoided. Massaging body with sesame oil, followed by a bath.
- Take 1 teaspoon of licorice root powder with a glass of milk on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Massaging your feet with lukewarm mustard oil 2-3 times a day and before going to bed.
- On a sliced banana sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cumin. Eat at night regularly