In today’s world, we are dependent on technology for almost everything. For our tiny to major every kind of problem, web applications or websites are always there for our rescue. But with such popularity comes with a huge competition. And to sustain in this highly competitive market, the owners of the websites come with a different kind of strategy to beat their competitors and rise on the top. And just like any other business, it is extremely important for the websites to create and maintain a good relationship with their clients and the viewers. And for this, the web design services come with different tactics to interact with their customers. One of them will be the pop-up boxes and the cookies that are associated with all these sites.
At the same time, when you are using a website, in most cases the website will ask your permission to send you their post notification. When you think from a website owner or responsive web design company’s perspective, this always seems the most helpful feature that helps the companies to stay in touch with their customers. But what about the customers?
Everyone visits numerous different sites almost every day for various purposes. If we keep receiving notifications from each one of them, it will undoubtedly clog our system and make our system work like a snail. At the same time, with all these notifications popping up time and again, it will cause a problem in our work time. Also, receiving notifications from the websites that might not be well-secured and protected can make your device vulnerable to viruses and other harmful agents.
So, in this article, we will guide you on how to stop different websites from asking notification access on your web browser.
To stop this inconvenience on your Chrome browser, you will be needed to follow these following steps.
- Go to the menu button and select Settings.
- Now click on the option “Advanced link” and now select the option “Content settings” under Privacy and Security.
- You find a “Notification” category there. Click on it.
- Now changes the notification setting to “Blocked” from “Ask before sending.”
But the websites that you have permitted to show their notification will not have face any problem due to the changed settings.
With Mozilla Firefox 59, this web browser now allows their users to disable all the notifications from the website. With Firefox you can also permit your chosen site to send you notification while blocking others.
To change the notification permission settings,
- Go to menu.
- Now click on “Privacy and Security.”
- You can choose “Pause notifications until Firefox restarts” to mute and block all the notifications temporarily.
- Now to block the new websites from sending you notifications, choose “Block new requests asking to allow the notification.”
- To save all the changes, click on the option “Save Changes” now.
If you are an Apple user, then with Safari you can block the notifications very easily.
To disable notification,
- First go to Safari.
- Now click on the option “Preferences” from the drop-down list.
- Now click on the option “Websites” present at the top of the screen.
- Now select the option “Notifications” from the sidebar.
- Now toggle the option “Allow websites to ask for permission to send push notification” to stop websites from asking you notification permission.
With this, there will be no changes to the website you have permitted to send notifications previously.
In case you are a Windows 10 user and use Chromium Edge as your default browser, here is the guide on how to turn off the notification permission on your web browser.
- Click on the option “Settings” opening your Chromium browser.
- Now select the “Site Permission” option from the left side panel.
- Now click on the option “Notifications”.
- Now click on the option “Ask before sending” and toggle the option to “Blocked”.
A feature so essential and helpful for the websites can cause a lot of inconvenience to the users. Though the custom web development services use these features to keep the users connected to the websites, but each user might not want a notification. And notification blocking will always there to help them away and help them to get rid of this inconvenience. Getting rid of these random pop up notifications will also help you to enjoy a hackle free browsing experience.