How to stay on track when quitting smoking
“If you are planning to quit smoking for good, then here are some steps you should follow in order to successfully kick the habit of smoking”.
Are you thinking about quitting the habit of smoking for good? If you are looking forward to quit smoking in New York or any other part of the world, then you should know that there are many ways in which you can quit smoking. You can choose any method to quit smoking, but the most important aspect of quitting is to build a plan that works best for you. So, pick a quit date that allows you to prepare. Tell your near and dear ones that you are quitting. Remove the ashtrays and cigarettes from your house, car and work. You will have to figure out all your triggers, which makes you want to smoke. You have to learn how to deal with these triggers.
There will be times when you would want to give in to your cravings, but you should refrain yourself from that one puff or the one last cigarette. Quitting will be the best thing you do for yourself. So stick to it and you will soon feel a lot better. These steps will help you along the way to attain your smoke-free life. So, if you are planning to quit smoking New York or any other place, then follow the following steps-
* Figure out your triggers and learn to avoid them- You will have to know your triggers that makes you want to smoke a cigarette. Learn what are your triggers like places, situations, people, routines and try to stay away from these at least for the first three months. This will help you crave less for the cigarettes. This is why most people start smoking again. So avoiding such people, places and situations is the best thing to do if you want to quit smoking for good.
* You will have to be aware that the first few days will be the most difficult- In the first few days, you will feel depressed, irritated, tired and slow especially if you are going cold turkey. Keep your quit smoking support group close to yourself, reach out to your best friends and family members. You can also call a quit line or have a how to quit smoking program. Once the first few days pass, you will be a lot better even though there will still be cigarette cravings.
* No matter what, don’t give in to your cravings- When there is a craving and you don’t smoke, the chances of your quitting the habit increases. So change your habits (it sounds easy, but it is not) when you feel the urge to smoke, replace the habit by doing something else. You can chew a gum or play with your phone, you can also call some close friend and talk to them until the urge passes.
* Try new programs to stop smoking and find new hobbies- Mingle with friends who don’t smoke and join various online programs that will help you to quit smoking. You can so activities that help you reduce stress like walking your dog or exercising. This way you will be able to successfully quit smoking.
* Reward- Quitting smoking is not an easy job, so celebrate when you hit your milestones. Treat yourself with something you always wanted or something you enjoy.
So, if you are quitting smoking then you should follow these steps to stay on track and succeed in your attempt.
Author’s Bio- Alex Williams, writes about addictions and health he here writes about how to stay on track when you are trying to quit smoking in New York. He also writes how useful it is to join the programs to stop smoking.