How To Recover Corrupted Files From Hard Drive- Know Here
Data loss is a big thing for the people who live in a digital lifestyle. Because, if the data gets corrupted or deleted from the hard drive. Then, it will create a huge problem for users because to recover corrupted files from the hard drive is not an easy task.
Hard Drive Corruption is one of the main reasons for data loss. Hard drive gets corrupted due to file system errors. These errors occur because of the sudden shutdown, hardware issues, physical damage, software issues and many more. So 90% of users format their corrupted hard drive to repair it. But formatting a corrupted hard drive causes permanent data loss. So, I will tell you that how you can recover corrupted files from the hard drive.
There are manual methods as well as professional software to recover corrupted files from the hard drive.
There are 2 manual methods for data recovery:-
- Recover corrupted data using CMD
- Recover corrupted data using anti-virus scan
The professional software for data recovery:-
- SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
Manual Methods To Recover Corrupted Files From Hard Drive
1. Data Recovery Using CMD:-
You can recover corrupted files from hard drive using CMD command.
- Connect your drive to the system.
- To start the process go to the start menu.
- Click on the search box and type “CMD” and press “enter”.
- After this step, a list will be opened. And you have to search for cmd.exe.
- When you find cmd.exe, do a right-click on cmd.exe and after that, you need to type attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*(Replace G with your drive letter). So that you can recover data from virus infected hard disk.
- Now, you just need to wait and check whether the data is recovered or not.
2. Data Recovery Using Anti-virus Scan:-
You can also use anti-virus software to recover data from the hard drives.
- Download and install any anti-virus software to recover data from the hard drive.
- The next step is to scan, which means you need to scan all your data.
- Now, the last step is to check, you need to check whether you can access your data or not.
Drawbacks Of Manual Method
There are many drawbacks of manual methods:-
- The results of the manual method are not accurate.
- Users can lose their data permanently.
- Shows different errors in between the procedure.
- The manual method doesn’t show the correct results.
- Don’t provide surety to recover data safely.
There are many drawbacks to data recovery using manual methods. So, I suggest everyone use SysTools Hard Drive Recovery Software.
Recover Corrupted Data Using Professional Software
Step 1 – Software Download
The very first step is to download and install the software. After this click on the start menu, select “all programs” and after that select “SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery”.
Step 2 – Scanning Options
When the first step is completed the software asks you to select a scanning process. There are two types of scanning process in this software.
- Scan: You need to select the “scan” option only if you want to recover deleted or corrupted data from the hard drive.
- Formatted Scan: You need to select the “formatted scan” option only if you want to recover formatted data from the hard drive.
Select the scanning process and after selecting the scanning process click on the “scan” option.
Step 3 – Progress Report
When you click on the “scan” option, the software will show you the progress report. And the progress report will be shown in the form of a reading percentage. And the user has to wait till the time it gets 100%. when scanning will be completed the software will show all the folders in the left panel of the software.
Step 4 – Data Recovery
After everything is done, you need to select the data that you want to recover. The software will show all the data in the right panel of the software. This software shows all the permanently deleted data in red color for user convenience.
Step 5 – Save data
Do a right-click on the selected files and click on the “save” option. And select a destination where you want to keep all your recovered data.
Advantages Of Professional Software
- This software recovers and saves permanently deleted data also.
- Recovers deleted, corrupted and formatted data.
- It supports different file formats like FAT, exFAT, and NTFS.
- This tool recovers data from internal and external hard drives.
- It can recover a complete partition of any size.
- You can recover photos, documents, audios, videos, etc. by using this software.
- It can also recover data from GPT and MBR partition.
- This software shows permanently deleted data in red color so that it will be easy for the user to differentiate between deleted and permanently deleted.
In this post, I have discussed how you can recover corrupted files from the hard drive. There are 2 manual methods to recover corrupted files but they have some major drawbacks, they don’t provide any guarantee to recover data safely, you can lose your data permanently by using them. So I will suggest you use SysTools Hard Drive Recovery Software. This tool provides safety to recover complete data safely. You can try a demo version of this software to check its efficiency.