HOW TO GET CHEAP DENTAL VENEERS ABROAD?
Here is the most frequently asked question — where can I get cheap veneers done?
Dental tourism might be the key for your question. Shortly explained, dental tourism is a trend for customers who wish to save money and travel around or wish to get more value out of their investment.
Here is the fact: a lot of people want to have a beautiful smile, but not everyone can afford to spend thousands of pounds on this dream. It’s no secret that private dental treatment in the UK is expensive.
Furthermore, traveling abroad for dental care is becoming increasingly popular in the United States as well, because of the high cost of dental treatment in North America.
Eastern Europe is now leading the way on the continent for low-cost, high-quality dental treatments. Destinations such as Poland, Hungary, and Romania are changing the game completely. It is now very easy for a UK citizen to take a short flight to Eastern Europe for cost-effective dental treatments.
Why prices for dental medical care are so low in Central & Eastern Europe? The answer really comes down to the cost of living and the economic dynamics in each country. In places where rent, salaries, taxes, insurance, and business overheads are all lower, dentists can afford to offer their services for less.
Where can I get a quote for dental treatment abroad?
To sum up, there are two main ways you can arrange your dental treatment in Central & Eastern Europe; either directly with your chosen clinic, or via a medical travel agency.
- The first step is to identify the best cost-effective countries for the kind of treatment you require. Look online for all the information you need. You can always use price comparison sites, such as Treatment Abroad to identify the countries with the lowest treatment prices.
- The second step is to get quotes from the actual dental treatment providers. Keep in mind, you should also check the quality of the dental facilities, services, the expertise of the doctors in the clinic and also patients’ feedback.
- The clinic will provide you with a quote for your treatment based on your dental condition and your medical history. Make sure you are clear about every aspect of your treatment proposal and ask as many questions as you need. For example: ”how long can the certain procedures take?” or ”do you provide any guarantee for your treatments?”
- Almost every medical treatment agency provides extra-services like flight booking, accommodation options, airport pick-up, translation services, and city guided tours.
Dental care & prices in Central and Eastern Europe
Eastern European countries are very promising and extremely affordable when it comes to porcelain veneers abroad. Romania is one of them. It’s a place where the quality of affordable dental care is exceptional and patient satisfaction is always guaranteed.
Here’s a list of the most popular dental treatments abroad in Central and Eastern Europe:
- All-on-4 Dental Implants
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Implants
- Dental Crowns
- Teeth Whitening
|Poland||avg. £5.799||avg. £340||avg. £270||avg. £500|
|Hungary||avg. £5.094||avg. £256||avg. £295||avg. £410|
|Romania||avg. £4.850||avg. £280||avg. £225||avg. £415|
|United Kingdom||avg. £10.000||avg. £800||avg. £800||avg. £2.500|
Prices are approximate and may change according to the clinic’s internal price policy and exchange rates.
Porcelain dental veneers procedure
Although dental veneer procedures are fairly simple, they can be quite lengthy. The average time requirement is 1 week with 1-3 visits to the dental office, depending on the veneer type and laboratory.
- After a first examination/consultation, your doctor will prepare your teeth for the veneers and then make an impression of the existing tooth/teeth. To prepare a tooth for a veneer, your dentist will reshape the tooth surface, which is an amount nearly equal to the thickness of the veneer to be added to the tooth surface.
- You’ll choose a tooth veneer shade (color) and then the doctor will fit you with temporary veneers while your permanent veneers are being prepared so that no one will notice that you’re having your dental treatment done, and so that you can function normally.
- When the veneers are ready, your dentist checks the fit and color of the veneers and prepares the tooth (or teeth) by cleaning them thoroughly and then roughening the tooth surface to improve the adhesion of the veneer.
Checks before you choose dental treatment abroad
- Do your homework & research: that means finding out as much as you can about the dentist and clinic where you are intending to go for dental treatment.
- Consult your local doctor before you take the flight: the General Dental Council advises people to speak with their own local dentist as they may be able to offer advice based on your dental history.
- Ensure that payment arrangements are in place: it is advisable to carry extra money, above your projected treatment cost, as doing so will help you face unforeseen travel shortages.
- Get a one-point contact at the destination: who will pick you up from the airport?
Almost every medical treatment agency provides extra-services like airport pick-up, transfer to the hotel and the clinic.
- Ask as many questions you need: first and foremost, this dental travel is about you, make sure you ask all the questions needed and you have all the answers before making the final decision.