Funeral Flowers: A Brief Guide
Funeral flowers are an important part of funeral customs. They not only allow you to express your love and sympathy for the deceased and their family, but they add beauty and liveliness to an otherwise somber ever. If you are unsure of what to get to a funeral home, then funeral flowers are always a good choice.
Funeral Flowers or Sympathy Flowers?
Confused about when to send sympathy flowers and when to send flowers for the funeral? Let us learn the difference between the two.
- Funeral flowers are usually arranged in a grand manner. They are sent directly to the funeral home to pay tribute to the deceased. It is a way to not only decorate the funeral home but to show also to everyone how much you loved and cared or the person. Usually, shops will have different arrangements for flowers or a funeral. They come in big arrangements and are artfully designed to add beauty to the funeral home. Sympathy flowers, on the other hand, are sent to the family of the deceased. They are generally smaller arrangements than the funeral flowers.
- If you have missed the funeral, and have just heard the news, then you can send sympathy flowers to the family of the deceased. They are the perfect gift for you to show them that you care, and are keeping them in your thoughts. You can attach a note of customary, align with your condolences.
Tips to Buy Funeral Flowers:
Following are a few tips that may help you to choose the right funeral flowers:
- Pay attention to the type of flower: Though there are no specific rules regarding the type or genre of flower that should be sent to the deceased or the homes of the bereaved yet tradition plays a role here where different flowers hold a different meaning. There are specify flowers that are usually appreciated by a certain culture. Hence it is a wise idea to do a little research before purchasing the flowers.
- Choose flowers marinating the belief of the deceased: While you are offering funeral flowers always consider the faith and belief of the deceased. The flower arrangement should be done maintaining the socio-cultural, religious tradition of the diseased. Traditions, rituals, and customs vary from person to person. Hence make sure you consider these entire things prior to purchasing the flowers to the funeral.
- The meaning of the color of the flower: Like the type of flower one also needs to pay attention to the color of flowers prior to top purchasing the funeral flowers. Since the funeral is an emotional and sensitive event hence carefully choose the color of the flower. White flowers are apt for this occasion, one can also opt for blue flowers, red colored flowers are a big no.
How Can a Florist Help You?
- There are different customs of floral arrangements in different areas, and for different religion, if you are not sure about which flowers to pick and how to arrange them then going to a florist will be beneficial for you. They can help you through the entire process.
- If you are not sure about what to write in your one with the flowers, florists often carry pre-printed cards with condolences on them where you can sign your name. These are quite helpful if you are unsure of what is acceptable to say, or how you can express your sympathy.
- Florists will guide you in which funeral flowers you should pick If you are not sure about the address of the funeral home, a florist can help you out as well. Usually, they will have obituaries with them where you can easily locate the address of the funeral home if you know the date and family name of the deceased.
When buying flowers for a funeral, it can be easy to become overwhelmed with the number of choices you have. Many people go for somber and pale flowers, while others may opt for a bright and colorful arrangement to help celebrate the life of the deceased. Whatever your choice may be a florist will be able to arrange them artfully, and according to local customs, and make sure they add beauty to the funeral home, or that they look grand on any table surface.