Facts and Reasons to Invest in Regular Health Checks
The concept of health is different for different people. It is even more striking to learn that everyone has different health goals that are almost unique. Maintaining a healthier lifestyle is very important because it ensures enjoying life to the rim and less absenteeism from work.
Doctors associated with regular health checks in London are of the opinion that sound health starts with prevention. Following good health habits ensures you to enjoy healthier, longer and happier life. Health checks work as a helpful tool to detect, prevent or minimise the effect of an illness or disease. It is somewhat like servicing a car at regular intervals so that it does not breakdown on the road. When health is concerned, it is always better to pick up any potential problem earlier than later. Health care professionals and doctors offering private health check up get an excellent opportunity to peek into an individual’s medical history, present lifestyle and even family medical history to assess if he’s at risk of developing any medical condition.
It is easier to detect potential health issues early when an individual gets the right health checks at the right time. Modern medicine has evolved largely in the recent times. As a result, however grave medical condition one may suffer from, the earlier the treatment begins, the better results are expected.
Health checks also help focusing on areas related to lifestyle where improvements need to be done to help you stay on the right track. When you go for regular health checks, you better understand your health requirements and concerns.
In the following paragraphs, let us discuss some important health checks that everyone should consider at various stages of life.
People in their 20s and 30s
These people should go for the following tests related to their general health:
- Blood pressure screening
- Glucose and cholesterol level
- Waist, hip and BMI measurement
- Thorough oral health diagnosis with professional teeth cleaning
- Screening for skin cancer
- Breast self-check and testes self-check for women and men respectively
As far as sexual health is concerned, the following tests need to be included:
- STI screenings
- Pap smear in every 2 years for women
People within the age group of 40 years
In addition to the tests mentioned above, people nearing or above 40 years of age should also be tested for:
- Type 2 diabetes screening
- Cardiovascular screening
- Eye testing for glaucoma
- Mammogram to detect early signs of breast cancer in women
People in their 50s and 60s
In addition to the tests mentioned in the above two categories, these people also need to take the following tests:
- Bone density check for Osteoporosis risk assessment
- Screening for bowel cancer (FOBT – faecal occult blood test)
- Hearing impairment and visual acuity tests
The aim of a health check is to keep you strong and healthy both physically and mentally. This type of checkups invariably serves many benefits, including the following:
- Lower cost for your healthcare: Healthcare cost in the UK is quite high. So why should I go for regular health checkups? Many people think this way. If you really want to lower your medical bills, go for comprehensive health screenings at regular intervals. These checkups save you money in the long run by highlighting potential health problems at the initial stages.
- Facilitate early treatment: Health screenings allow doctors detect any illness or disease in the early stages. The exact tests to be included in such screening programmes depend on the age, gender, lifestyle choices and medical history of an individual. When a disease gets detected in its early stages, the chances of total and faster recovery are higher.
- Blood tests: Any health screen programme usually includes blood tests. A host of health conditions including cholesterol level, certain types of cancer, anaemia, diabetes, coronary artery diseases, HIV/AIDS are detected through blood tests. Certain blood tests also help doctors correctly assess the condition of your different organs like the heart, thyroid, liver, kidneys and others.
- Identifying stress-related conditions or diseases: The times we’re living in are unbelievably hectic and fast-moving, thanks to the hectic work schedules and lifestyles. As a result, stress-related diseases are very common in the society. These diseases affect both our physical and mental health and wellbeing. Some of these diseases include high blood pressure, obesity, hypertension, Alzheimer’s, depression, mental disorders, asthma and gastro-intestinal problems. Regular medical checkups prove effective to detect such conditions at the initial stages, which in turn makes the recovery easier.
As far as London is concerned, an ever-increasing number of people get their health check up done at the Health Screening Clinic. The private clinic is centrally located on Harley Street in Marylebone. Friendly environment, latest infrastructure, dedicated doctors and support staffs, patient-centric approach, accurate results and reasonable cost are some of the key factors behind their striking success. It stays open every 7 days a week to cater to your needs.