Common Mistakes to Avoid When Buying an Air Conditioner
Purchasing an air conditioner is a long term investment, with ongoing running and maintenance costs. If you are planning to buy an air-con, you must do some research to try and figure the one that suits best for your situation.
There are various reasons that one must consider while purchasing an air conditioner. Some of them have been stated below:
- Choosing the right line of the system
- Ducted air conditioners: They are efficient and can be designed as per your premises. However, they tend to have the highest upfront cost and require significant modifications in your home.
- Wall-mounted split systems: These systems are common for residential purposes. The system is split into two parts, an outdoor unit and an indoor evaporator unit. The indoor unit is mounted on a wall within the premises. These systems are relatively efficient and require minor modifications for installation.
Split systems need space for ventilation, and thus, you must hire an expert team of split system air conditioner installation in Melbourne.
- Window and wall mount units: These are substantially less efficient systems. They are similar to split systems but have a feature of a compressor and evaporator in the same box. They can cool up places with a relatively smaller area. The pricing of such systems is lower and are less energy efficient.
- Portable air conditioners: They are the last and not so popular option, as they are used to regulate temperatures in tiny areas. This is because they are standalone units and high running costs. However, due to their easy installation, they make the right choice for people who move frequently.
- Buying the wrong sized air conditioner
It is necessary to have a system that has the cooling capacity that matches your requirement. Buying a small or large unit is not advisable. The air con should be the right size that fits your needs. This is because the small systems will have to work overdrive to maintain the temperatures. However, with the large units, it won’t be able to maintain timed cycles. In conditions like these, it will cause the system to go on and off repeatedly, which is less efficient.
Thus, it is necessary to calculate the right size of the system. Such calculations are complicated and can cause them in the long run. In cases like these, it is advisable to get assistance from air conditioning repair in Melbourne team of experts. They can help you with estimations, installation, repairs and maintenance of your system.
- Ignoring the Energy Efficiency Rating
The energy efficiency rating is an important aspect you must look for in your new air-con. The grade helps you analyse the energy consumption aspect of it. Through analysis and comparison, of the power consumption aspect, with similar products can help you finalise the air-con that suits you the best.
- Inappropriate installation of the system
Split systems require space and plenty of ventilation to work efficiently. If your units have been cramped up, their performance gets affected. Such installation will lead to pooling of hot and cold air around the unit, making it harder to cool the premises. It will have to run harder to maintain the temperatures. This will leave your electricity bills soaring high.