CHRYSANTHEMUM- NOVEMBER FLOWER
The month of November is here and so is the excitement of people born in this beautiful month too. Every month has its own flower type and they have particular characteristics of people who are born in this month. Chrysanthemum is recognized as the November flower and it symbolizes happiness, confidence, faithful affection, and long life. Similarly, the people born in November are attractive, modest, humble, and diligent. The people who are born in November is said to be a more loyal person than the other month born people. They try to mind their business and will be in their limits. If you have any person who is born in this month you send flowers to Sharjah to convey your greetings. You can also use flower delivery in Sharjah services too.
History of Chrysanthemum
Chrysanthemum comes from the Greek word ‘Chrys’ meaning ‘golden’ and ‘anthemon’ meaning ‘flower.’ The chrysanthemum flower is commonly known as mums and is one of the most widely cultivated flowers in the world. It was first cultivated in China many centuries ago. From there, it migrated across the sea to Japan, where it was cultivated by Buddhist monks in 400 AD. Chrysanthemum is a very beautiful flower and it is selected as an official flower for japan and they use it as a Japanese emperor’s crest and official seal. In the 17th century, the chrysanthemum made its way over to Europe, where Carl Linnaeus, the father of taxonomy derived the name ‘chrysanthemum.’
Chrysanthemum Flower Meanings
The chrysanthemum is the most beautiful flowers that bloom in the winter season. Even during the grey and dreary winters, chrysanthemums signify beauty and joy. During the Victorian era, people used chrysanthemums to show friendship and well-being. Similarly, Buddhists use chrysanthemums and they think it emits powerful energy through the flowers and they offer these flowers to others. In Australia, chrysanthemums are the official flower for Mother’s Day due to their nickname ‘mums.’ Similarly, in China, these flowers are offered to elderly people to wish them a long life. Furthermore, in Austria, chrysanthemums are used as a sympathy flower and they keep these flowers on the grave to show their honor and respect towards their deceased ones.
Chrysanthemums come in a variety of different colors where each shade holds a different meaning.
- White chrysanthemums symbolize purity, innocence, and loyalty. We can gift them on special occasions like birthday, marriage, anniversary for our loved ones.
- Red chrysanthemums define deep and passionate love that is perfect to say ‘I Love You’ to a special someone on romantic occasions.
- Yellow chrysanthemums signify happiness and joy that can make anyone’s day much brighter and full of happiness.
- Pink chrysanthemums symbolize love and romance that would make brilliant flowers to surprise the partner or beloved.
Interesting Facts about Chrysanthemum
- Chrysanthemums are the gorgeous flowers, which belong to the list of noble flowers that includes bamboo, plum, and orchid.
- According to the legends, drinking from the stream that flows between Chrysanthemums brings a long life to people. Therefore, in pursuit of a healthy and long life, people started making wine and teas using these flowers.
- Chrysanthemum tea is considered a good cure for cardiac and vascular disorders and prostate cancer.
- The petals of chrysanthemums are used in preparing food as they taste good and good for health.
- Chrysanthemums contain a chemical called pyrethrum, which is a natural bug repellent.
- A study by NASA suggests that chrysanthemum plants help reduce indoor air pollution.