Ayurveda Panchakarma Treatment in India
Today, the busy schedule and hectic lifestyle have made almost each one of us stressed. In this rat race, we often forget about taking care of our body and health due to which we suffer from a number of ailments. The persistent health issues like backache problems, sleep discs, high blood sugar levels, blood pressure, obesity, etc. are becoming common. Modern medical techniques and procedures have a cure for all but with a significant number of side effects.
Ayurveda keeps you closer to nature and helps you draw its benefits wherein the panchakarma is an ultimate detox. Ayurveda, a traditional medicinal science of India, offers a variety of treatments, in which Ayurveda Panchakarma Treatment in India has many advantages. Panchakarma has a prominent place among Ayurvedic therapies that aid in creating a balance between the body, mind, and consciousness. It involves different processes of detoxification that purifies the entire system and gives relief.
Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word derived from ‘panch’ means five, and ‘karma’ means work or process. Ayurveda panchakarma treatment involves a set of five treatment or therapies that brings a total rejuvenation of the body. These are:
- Nasya– This therapy involves the use of nostril for cleansing of the nervous system and the five sense organs of the body, namely:
- Sense of sight, eyes
- Sense of taste, tongue
- Sense of touch, skin
- Sense of sound, ear
- Sense of smell, nose
- Vamana– In this, vomiting is induced medically for cleansing the digestive system of the body.
- Virechana– With the help of induced purgation, the patient’s intestines in the stomach get a thorough cleaning.
- Basti– Different ayurvedic herbal oils and decoctions are used in Basti to clean the colon.
- Rakta Mochana– It involves cleansing the blood with the help of leeches.
These five therapeutic procedures are given to the patient based on his or her medical conditions and health state. It clears the toxins, out from the body, balancing the doshas all again. The entire treatment is not only effective for the current physical state but endows long term benefits and results in total rejuvenation.