Aspiring for the Diabetes-Free World with Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury
Our life needs a balance to run smoothly, anything too low or too high can obstruct normal life, the best example of this is “Diabetes”, which is caused by excessive sugar in the blood. In a Government survey done by the National Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy, India has remained at 11.8% in the last four years.
If anyone detected with diabetes, he or she feels depressed and suddenly get negative thoughts in mind related to other diseases that additionally come with high sugar. Diabetes is a lifestyle disease caused by taking sugary foods including processed foods, sweets, and food that contains sugar in high amount. Also, eating unhealthy processed food without doing any physical activity can make it worse.
Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury is continuously spreading his views for health awareness and myths related to various diseases especially diabetes. He did not believe in the statement that diabetes is a genetic disorder but a lifestyle disease. He is encouraging people to adopt healthy habits and know the facts than myths. He is often misinterpreted as ‘a doctor with the controversial statement’, but this is again a myth, he is controversial for those who do not want to understand the positive cause behind his views.
As we all know Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury is an internationally acclaimed Indian Medical Nutritionist and also done a PhD in Diabetes from the Alliance International University, Zambia, his only suggestion is relying on natural foods than medicines. He is trying to make diabetic patients understand that accepting natural foods can help to reduce blood sugar. Believe in nature provided source than chemical formulated allopathic medicines or Insulin.
Food-Habits and Lifestyle-Tips by Medical Nutritionist Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury
What should I eat now? I cannot consume anything sweet; My life has been stopped; I can get sick as my body developed diabetes; the number of thoughts raised in mind once you are diagnosed with diabetes? The answer to all your worries is to develop the confidence first to overcome the disease and know the facts. According to Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury, one can live a healthy life with diabetes by following the simple fruit and vegetable diet and by doing some physical activities. He said “Exercise is also called invisible insulin because the workouts increase the body’s ability to produce insulin.”
In an article published in Dainik Bhaskar, Dr. Chowdhury shared his views and suggested some useful tips as follows:
- Blood sugar can be reduced by deep breathing exercises. Blood sugar in the blood decreased from 300 to 250 mg/decile after doing this continuously for about 21 days. Yoga and Pranayama also control blood sugar.
- Eat only 2-3 types of fruits till 12 noon and have salads of raw vegetables in lunch and dinner. Stay away from refined sugar and package food like sweets and biscuits.
- Diabetes simply means an excess of sugar in the blood. If excess amount is removed from the blood, then you can be healthy. It is possible to do this by taking some precautions.
- Do exercise in which deep breath is taken to control diabetes like yoga, pranayama, walking, swimming, dancing. One-hour exercise daily can reduce 40-50 mg/decile.
- Take more quantity of fruits and raw vegetables than grains eaten throughout the day. Include more than 50 percent fruits and vegetables in the diet during the day, only then take the grains. Blood sugar can be reduced to a great extent by this diet regimen. If you are not diabetic, following this diet will reduce the risk of getting this disease
- Eat the natural forms of sugar, like dates, grapes, mangoes, sugarcane juice, jaggery, honey. Honey should also be extracted directly from the hive and not refined. All these things contain fructose which is not found in the blood. Avoid eating sweet things that are made from refined sugar such as sweets, package food.
Three-Step Diet by Medical Nutritionist Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury
As per medical nutritionist Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury “What to take in a diet or not, it can be understood in three steps:”
First step: Eat only 2-3 types of fruits till 12 noon. Decide the amount to be taken according to body weight. Multiply your weight by 10 and eat as many grams of fruit as you can. If your weight is 70 kg then multiply by 10. That means eating a minimum of 700 grams of fruit.
Second step: Take two plates at lunch or dinner. One should have 2-3 types of raw vegetables, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, carrots, peas, red-yellow capsicum, cucumber and cabbage. Take it in prescribed quantity also. Multiply your weight by 5, the number of grams of vegetables you have to take in lunch and dinner. If weight is 70 kg, 350 grams of vegetables have to be taken. The second plate is to be eaten only when the first meal is finished. It involves eating a vegetarian homemade of very little oil and salt.
Third step: The things that are being produced by animals are not included in the diet. Such as milk, yoghurt, non-veg, egg, fish, buttercream. Avoid processed and refined food, such as biscuits.
If you are a diabetic, and reading the above suggestions, you will feel better as you can see there are many options and simple tips to live a healthy life with Diabetes. As per Dr. Chowdhury, Diabetes can be cured by following the three-step DIP diet. Many patients are already following the DIP diet and sending blessing and wishes to Dr. Chowdhury for making their life smooth and they are heading towards a diabetes-free world by following the life-saving tips.