A Brief Insight Into Rotary Oil Vane Vacuum Pump
When it comes to a rotary oil vane vacuum pump, it is essentially an oil-sealed rotary displacement pump. Oil vane vacuum pumps are also known as rotary vane pumps and they are mostly used in the heat treatment industry. You can also use this pump with a booster pump to make a backing pump system for your industry. But rotary pumps or oil vane pumps can be used for show operations and they cannot be used in the high vacuum pressure. The pumping system consists of a couple of different segments, which are:
- An eccentrically installed rotor
- The inlet and outlet
- Vanes that move radially under spring
- The outlet valve is oil-sealed
As far as the inlet valve is concerned, it is designed as a vacuum safety valve which always remains open while it is operating. Plus, you can find a walking chamber located inside the housing. The veins and Rotor help to segment the working chamber into two different spaces, which consist of variable volumes. When the rotor turns, gas flows into the suction chamber until it gets sealed off by the second vane. The gas which is enclosed is compressed till the outlet valve opens up, against the pressure of the atmosphere.
What are the Advantages of the Rotary Oil Vane Vacuum Pump?
When it comes to advantages, there are wide numbers of different types of them which oil vane vacuum pump has to offer. Here are some of them:
- Extraction rate: 0.43-560 m3 / min
- Supporting power: 7.5 – 560 kw
- Use the temperature: – 10 ℃ and 40 ℃
- The minimum suction pabs: 33-160 hpa
- Over-current material: cast iron, stainless steel
- Because of the rotary vane type vacuum pump in the gas compression is isothermal, and then can the pumping flammable, explosive gas. Because there is no exhaust valve and the friction surface, therefore can be pumping gas with dust, non-condensable gas and water mixture.
Scope of Application
The rotary vane vacuum pump is a kind of mechanical vacuum pump oil seal type, is one of the most basic vacuums to obtain equipment in vacuum technology. Rotary vane vacuum pumps can pump a dry gas in the sealed container, if have a spirit town device, can also take in addition to a certain amount of non-condensable gas. But it is not suitable for containing too much oxygen, metal corrosive materials because the pump oil will react with the gas containing dust particles. You can find two types of rotary oil vane vacuum pump in the market such as single-stage rotary vane vacuum pumps and two-stage vacuum pumps.
- The vacuum pump is suitable for the closed system of vacuum use. You can use them for vacuum packaging, vacuum forming, and vacuum extraction.
- The inlet pressure range: 100 Pa, Pa – 100000 is beyond the scope of work vacuum pump oil mist is vent will be produced.
- The vacuum pump does not pump water or other liquids. Even they cannot pump explosive, inflammable, high oxygen content, corrosive gases. It is suggested to read the manual of these pumps before you use them.
- General supply, not the explosion-proof motor, such as explosion-proof or other special requirements when the motor must conform to the relevant standards.
Scroll pumps are an excellent alternative to rotary vane pumps where oil-free pumping is desirable. The ultimate vacuum achieved by a Scroll pump is 1×10-2 mbar. A scroll pump (also called a spiral compressor, a scroll pump or a scroll vacuum pump) is a device for compressing fluids such as liquids and gases.